Content: Main Text (Typo Reporting Thread)

• July 14, 2017 at 10:09 pm #973
    SinanDira
    Keymaster

Hello! While the idea of implementing a community content-editing platform is being considered, it’s not going to be in the near future.

For the meantime, any possible improvements to the text content, especially by the way of adding some fancy adjectives, can be suggested here!

November 24, 2017 at 6:54 pm #1892
    Kithalt
    Participant

Here are my notes on chapter 1. I hope they’re helpful.

In Chapter 1: Mythos overview – “Over millenia, the keepers yield in to a number of vices” should be changed to “Over millenia, the keepers yield to a number of vices” without the extraneous “in”.

Before Millenia first subsection:
    Second bullet point: Should be changed from “they would since shape a million worlds” to “they would shape a million worlds”

Fifth bullet point: “No matter how many demons Sargeras killed, they would seem to respawn in the Nether, so he decided to banish them all into a confind prison he named Mardum.” should be changed to “No matter how many demons Sargeras killed, they would seem to respawn in the Nether, so he decided to banish them all into a prison he named Mardum.” There is no need for an extraneous word there (confined).

Before Millenia second subsection:
    First bullet point: “Before the Pantheon arrived on Azeroth, it was battlefield of the planets’ elementals” changed to “Before the Pantheon arrived on Azeroth, it was a battlefield of the planets’ elementals”

Second bullet point: I recommend changing it to “Ragnaros the Firelord, Therazane the Stonemother, Al’Akir the Windlord and Neptulon the Tidehunter had fought each other with the armies of their elemental children for the conquest of Azeroth for millenia.” The way it reads currently sounds like the four elemental lords are fighting their own armies.

Eighth bullet point: Run on sentence. I recommend splitting it in the middle to read – “Using the massive powers granted by the titans, the keepers and their armies successfully defeated the thundering armies of the enslaved elemental lords. However, they could not be killed permanently as they were a fundamental part of Azeroth, so they were instead banished into the Elemental Plane.”

Ninth bullet point: End should be changed from “lest risk Azeroth’s destruction.” to “lest they risk Azeroth’s destruction.”

Before Millenia third subsection:
    Thirteenth bullet point: “Keeper Freya crafted linked Azeroth to the Emerald Dream” should be changed to either “Keeper Freya linked Azeroth to the Emerald Dream” or “Keeper Freya crafted a link Azeroth to the Emerald Dream” depending on what you’re going for with this sentence.

Last bullet point: “The world would since settle into a period” could be better as “The world settled into a period”

“With the world secured and ordered” first subsection:
    Second bullet point: “Mardum” is misspelled as “Maradum”

Sixth bullet point: “With heaps savage demons at his disposal” should be “With heaps of savage demons at his disposal”

“With the world secured and ordered” second subsection:
    Last bullet point: “Odyn would ever since look upon the vrykul from his palace” might read better as “Ever since, Odyn would look upon the vrykul from his palace”

“With the world secured and ordered” third subsection:
    Third bullet point: “Loken seeked comfort” should be “Loken sought comfort”

Fourth bullet point: “Sif decided to severe her ties” should be “Sif decided to sever her ties”

Ninth bullet point: “to which he seeked immediate council with Sif” – seeked needs to be sought, and the whole thing might read better as “about which he sought immediate council with Sif”

Tenth bullet point: “while her and Thorim were busy in battle” should be “while he and Thorim were busy in battle”

“With the world secured and ordered” fourth subsection:
    First bullet point: “Loken started exliminating the keepers” should be “Loken started eliminating the keepers”

Fifth bullet point: “The two defeated keepers were comppelled by Yog-Saron” should be “The two defeated keepers were compelled by Yogg-Saron”

Sixth bullet point: “Tyr and Archaedas, the last titans standing” – They’re keepers, not titans so it should be “Tyr and Archaedas, the last keepers standing”

Seventh bullet point: “which was tained by the curse of flesh” should be “which was tainted by the curse of flesh”

Ninth bullet point: “Ra was the only to realize” should be “Ra was the only one to realize”

“With the world secured and ordered” fifth subsection:
    Main header: “conflicts start breaking amongst” should be “conflicts start breaking out amongst”

Third bullet point: I have no idea what this is trying to say after the first comma. The Winterskorn succumbing to the curse of flesh is the first part, and then what?

Fourth bullet point: “earthern” should be “earthen”. “seeked” should be “sought”.

Sixth bullet point: “seeked” should be “sought”

Last bullet point: “fleed” should be “fled”

“With the world secured and ordered” last subsection:
    Main header: I’m pretty sure “ensuing a long-term peace for the vrykul” should be “ensuring a long-term peace for the vrykul”

Second bullet point: “Loken set the two C’Thraxxi behemothes Zakazj and Kith’ix free” should be “Loken set the two C’Thraxxi behemoths, Zakazj and Kith’ix, free”

Third bullet point: “expensing his own life” should be “expending his own life”

Ninth bullet point: “numverous” should be “numerous”

November 25, 2017 at 1:13 pm #1893
    SinanDira
    Keymaster

Thank you, Kithalt. The first thing I’ll be doing now is running everything through a spell-checker. You make me wonder why I haven’t done it in the past.

Many of the mistakes you pointed out though are in my basic usage of English language. Makes me sad to think that non-native speakers will always face limitations, but that only emphasizes on the importance of what you did there. Perhaps a Wiki-like editing platform would be even better. I’ll think more about that.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.